Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Testing 1, 2, 10


     Hi. Behold new blog for me to not post to. I will here begin to proclaim the greatness of Hans My Hedgehog until further notice, and until I can think of an intelligent and sophisticated sounding name for this thing.
     The main purpose of this is to help with ye olde thesis, which is going to be about Western European fairy tale and folk literature. Not Eastern European, though I like that, too.

Brainstorming--
     Why are fairy tales important? Why certain kinds of them? At which ages? What happens when we have too much or too little or the wrong kind? How have fairy tales impacted society? Now vs. Then, a look at the different tellings of Snow White, for example. Happily Ever After: the Modern Invention. (sort of). Myths vs. Fairy Tales.

Sources--
     The highly to be praised Brothers Grimm, Hans Christian Andersen, Andrew Lang, Tolkien, Chesterton


     And here's a picture of Hans My Hedgehog for good measure, with bagpipes, shod rooster and everything.

From  http://killskerry.deviantart.com/art/Hans-the-Hedgehog-Boy-47218570






No comments:

Post a Comment